Friday 14 August 2009

Diana Dors - Where Did They Go?

In 1982 Diana recorded and released a single called 'Where Did They Go', which is all but lost from records and is now a fairly rare record. A lovely track, Diana sings of her past life, very akin to "Those Were The Days" by Mark Hopkin. It's a poignant song as it was recorded while she was battling against cancer.

On the b-side is a duet with her son 'Gary' who had a good singing voice too himself, in a track called 'It's You Again' written by Gary.

I am planning to record a video of it playing on my record player and put it on youtube at some point and I'll post it on the blog once I do so too. It would be such a shame for this gem of a record to be lost completely.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a treat hearing It's Too Late- thanks! Bought a second hand copy of Swingin Dors picture disc. Yes picture disc! It was released in the 80s. But the songs that aren't on that album are near impossible to find. I don't suppose there's any chance of you posting mp3s on the blog is there? Please! Stuff like Where Did They Go- and her single from '66- I'm dying to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of this, produced by Simon Napier-Bell. Diana was touring the gay bars at the time.

    ReplyDelete