Sunday 12 July 2009

Diana Dors References in Music

The first song I will mention is New York Dolls - It's Too Late.

But you spend most your time in the powder room where you chit chat with Diana Doors
And you tryin to tell her
Ow

This track is available on the album 'Too Much, Too Soon'. Released in 1974.

The second I will mention is The Kinks - Good Day.

She's mentioned a few times in this song, here's a snippet.

News of the world, tea and biscuits in bed.
The headlines said that diana is dead.
She couldnt act much but she put on a show.
She always smiled even when she felt low.
I used to fancy her a long time ago.

I'm not sure if Davies was joking or whether he is narrating somebody else saying this but I simply have to disagree with "she couldn't act much..." when she so clearly could, without a doubt one of the most talented actresses ever to grace the planet. An otherwise nice track.

The track is released on various Kinks compilations, notably 'Come Dancing With The Kinks', released in 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Niema Ash and I'm writing a book about Diana Dors and her impact on her son Jason. The working title is "Connecting Dors". I follow your blog with great interest as we are both great Dors fans and the more information I can get about her, the better. My email address is niema@talk21.com It would be great to hear from you. Niema

    ReplyDelete